'Mary Poppins Returns' Brings In $4.8 Million On Opening Day

WDWKingdom T.J.

Administrator
Staff member
WDW Kingdom Reward Points
Mary Poppins Returns made a splash at the box office on opening night bringing in $4.8 million. According to BoxOfficMojo.com, the film took in almost $2 million more than Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse which held the second spot.

The highly anticipated film starring Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins received a very strong marketing push going into the holidays. Couple that with the fact it's the follow up film to the 1964 Disney classic, you got yourself an opening day winner. The film was shown in 4,090 theaters with an average box office take of $1,165 per venue. For just a little comparison, Ralph Breaks the Internet brought in a little over $18 million on opening day. That film was shown in 4,017 theaters and brought in an average of $4,566 per venue. What does that tell us? Let's wait and see and re-visit this at a later time.

Will the dollars start to add up for Mary Poppins Returns? I guess we will just have to wait and see. Originally posted at WDWKingdom.com.

Last edited:

MagicofSteve

WDW Kingdom Member
I wonder if this was in their ball park of projections. Have not seen the movie yet but have read mixed reviews on the story. Visually everyone seems to like it. Can’t wait to see it myself.

samanthadisneyfreak

WDW Kingdom Member
Our family just got home from seeing Mary Poppins and here is ur short review. The story was pretty good, animated scenes were great, acting was great and the costumes were fantastic. Oh yeah, the music was pretty good too. It is most definitely worth going to see.

WonderWomen22

WDW Kingdom New Member
Really looking forward to seeing this. I am in love with the original. No matter if this one is good or not it doesn't matter. Nothing will change the first one.
Our family just got home from seeing Mary Poppins and here is ur short review. The story was pretty good, animated scenes were great, acting was great and the costumes were fantastic. Oh yeah, the music was pretty good too. It is most definitely worth going to see.
From all of the trailers that I have watched the coloring looks pretty. Glad to hear the costumes were as good as they seemed to be in the previews.

Cromer816

Magic Vacations Travel Planner
I saw Mary Poppins Returns last weekend finally! The original has always been a top Disney movie favorite for me and I was surprised at well they did. They were a few actors I think I would have liked better if they were changed, but even with that being said....The music was fantastic, the storyline was predictable but so good. I loved the way it was taking on the original in a new light. I ended up crying a few times because it was so sweet. Happy Endings always make me sappy! :) Hope everyone enjoys it! I tried to write not giving spoilers!